To Our Valued Clients and Current/Prospective Partners,
While we face this current global health crisis together, please rest assured that worker safety remains our top priority. By now you’re likely aware that Commercial Construction has been designated an Essential Workplace according to the Ontario Order for Mandatory Closure of all Non-Essential Workplaces.
What does this mean in working with DPI?
- Pre-construction work continues on all projects with teleconferencing /videoconferencing being used for required meetings
- Budgets for future work are on-going
- Site safety and COVID-19 risks are being evaluated on an on-going basis and procedures adjusted as required
- Construction site work continues where it is possible and safe to do so
- Specific client requests are being addressed to determine where construction work can continue safely
- Communication continues with Landlords to ensure valid work permits are in place and to confirm any changes to building rules or additional COVID-19 protocols
- Follow-up continues on the current closure of the Buildings Departments in the GTA including permit applications, amendments and required associated inspections
In partnership with the project teams, we are developing strategies on our projects to allow work to continue where possible and where closure of the Buildings Department could cause delays to work. We also continue to strategize to address other potential issues on our projects including:
- 3rd party reviews / inspections for safety and / or occupancy where they elect to delay for the protection of their workers
- Required Consulting Team reviews / inspections where they elect to delay for the protection of their teams
- Material delivery delays
- Labour issues where Sub-Trades elect to delay work for the protection of their workers. All Sub-Trade partners are asked to provide notice in writing of any business changes / shutdowns and labour issues, so DPI can keep project teams informed.
It may not be business as usual but understand that you will be able to count on DPI to continue our construction efforts where it is possible and safe to do so.